Terms and conditions for open courses
1. General provisions
- Gantus AB, hereinafter referred to as “Gantus”, hereby introduces these Terms and Conditions for providing open courses, hereinafter referred to as “the Terms and Conditions”. Unless otherwise agreed in writing open courses provided by Gantus shall be governed by the Terms and Conditions.
- Every Customer shall abide by the Terms and Conditions while participating in Courses provided by Gantus. Upon sending a registration form, the Customer agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions.
- “Gantus” shall mean Gantus AB, Grisslevägen 6, 227 32 Lund, Sweden; Org. No.: 556736-4541, email@example.com, VAT no: SE556736454101.
- “Website” shall mean gantus.com.
- “Customer” shall mean a business customer participating in Course provided by Gantus;
- “Party” shall mean Gantus and/or the Customer.
- “Course” shall mean anopen course to be performed by Gantus in accordance with a description on a product page.
- “Course material” shall mean the documentation provided by Gantus to the Customer before, during and after the training course that relates to the topic of the course.
- “Order” shall mean a subscription for the Course via the Website.
- “Confidential information” shall mean any other information which is disclosed to the other party orally, visually or in a document or other tangible form, including the offer made to the Customer. “Confidential Information” does not include information received from a party which (a) is or becomes generally known by the Receiving Party without an obligation to maintain its confidentiality; (b) is or becomes generally known to the public through no act or omission of the Receiving Party; (c) is independently developed by the Receiving Party without use of the Confidential Information; or (d) is required to be disclosed by court order or other legal process.
- “Product Page” shall mean a description of an open course offered by Gantus, available on gantus.com.
- “The Contract” shall mean an agreement concluded by and between Gantus and the Customer whose subject matter is the provision of a Course by Gantus to the Customer in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, the Product Page and/or a brochure if received from Gantus.
3. General Terms and Conditions for the use of the Website
- The Customer being a natural person may use the Website on condition that they have the capacity to perform acts of law.
- The Customer not being a natural person may use the Website via persons authorized to act on their behalf, in accordance with SIGN UP.
- The Customer may use the Website via Internet devices (a computer, a smartphone) with a web browser and access to the Internet.
- Gantus shall hold no responsibility for any damage caused by providing false, outdated or incomplete data by the Customer in the forms mentioned in SIGN UP nor by disobeying by the Customers the Terms and Conditions. Any action taken by the Customer shall not infringe any legal provision currently in force nor any personal or third party rights.
- The Customers shall not use Gantus’ name, its logo or other components of the Website (including but not limited to graphic elements of the Website or the Website layout) unless it is otherwise provided herein or if there is a written consent of Gantus to the use thereof. The Customer shall not take any action towards imitating the Website, especially on websites or domains associated with the Customer.
- The Customer shall not disclose their password to third parties.
- The Customer shall not provide content that is prohibited by law, eg. promote violence, infringe personal belongings and other rights of third parties.
4. Sign up
- The following conditions shall be met in order to sign up to the Website:
- the form available on the Website shall be filled in correctly,
- the Terms and Conditions shall be accepted.
- When it comes to a legal person or an organizational unit with no legal personality, only an authorized person may sign them up to the Website or take any other action within the Website on their behalf. Such a person shall be authorized to take any action related to the use of the Website (including signing up) and exercise all rights and perform duties of such an entity as the Customer.
- In case of its change, the Customer shall update all the data provided while signing up before concluding another Contract. To do so, the Customer shall use an appropriate form available on the Website.
- Upon signing up, the Customer’s account is created on the Website. This account constitutes a collection of information concerning the Customer and their actions taken within the Website in relation with concluded Contracts. Within this account, the Customer has access to the purchased Services as well as Order history on the Website.
5. Placing Orders on the Website – the conclusion of the Contract
- Placing Orders on the Website is a 24/7/365 service available to the Customer unless it is otherwise provided herein, especially in the provisions concerning maintenance.
- Placing Orders is available on condition that Gantus is organizing the Course at a given time.
- Gantus may set a limit for a number of participants in the Course. If the set number is achieved, placing Orders will not be available.
- Orders shall be placed through a form available on the Website, through an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or over the phone: +46708186800. Placing of an Order constitutes an offer made by the Customer to Gantus. After receiving an offer, Gantus shall verify whether the order has been placed properly (in accordance with the Terms and Conditions).
- After placing a correct Order, Gantus shall send information concerning the acceptance of the Order within the next 3 days (the acceptance of an offer) to the Customer on the e-mail address given while placing the Order. The Agreement is concluded when Gantus sends to the Customer information concerning the acceptance of the Order.
- If the order was placed through an e-mail or over the phone, the Customer shall be required to provide their personal data, as per instructions given by Gantus within the next 3 days. Failure to provide the required data may result in cancellation of the reserved place on the course.
- The payment for the Courses purchased by the Customer on the Website shall be made in accordance with a VAT invoice issued by Gantus within the payment term stated therein. Gantus reserves the right to issue pre-payment VAT invoices.
- For customers requesting a sixty (60) days payment terms, this can be granted at the Supplier’s discretion. The price to be paid by the customer shall then be increased with 4%.
- In the event that the Customer has not paid for the Service in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, in addition to remedies available to Gantus under this agreement or applicable law, Customer shall pay monthly interest on late payments in accordance with applicable Swedish law.
- All the prices on the Website are exclusive of taxes and other fees.
- The Customer purchases a seat on the Course for a price in force while placing an Order.
- Gantus reserves the right to change prices. This provision does not concern already placed orders.
- Depending on the payment method available on the Website and/or agreed upon between the Customer and Gantus, the seat on the Course will be granted to the Customer after the Customer places the order or Gantus receives the payment.
- The Customer is obliged to submit VAT number and a country of residence when applicable.
- If the Customer cancels its participation, it shall be entitled to the following refund:
- 60% of the fee upon cancellation earlier than 45 days prior to the Course date,
- 0 % of the fee upon cancellation later than 45 days prior to the Course date.
- The Customer may cancel their participation in the course within 24 hours of placing the order without any consequences. In such a case, they shall e-mail Gantus on the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- The Customer may transfer their seat on the Course to another person for an administrative fee of 1500 SEK. Gantus reserves the right to refuse to grant such a person a seat on the Course if it believes they are not relevant for the Course.
- Gantus may cancel or postpone the course under reasonable circumstances until 28 days before the course. Reasonable circumstances may be that the course has too few participants to complete it with a maintained quality of the course.
- Gantus may cancel or postpone the course if the course trainer becomes ill just before or in conjunction with the course. In such cases, Gantus will enter discussions with the participants about solutions. Gantus may not be held liable for expenses that may arise as a consequence of a cancelled course, which is important to note for example if ordering a non-refundable travel to the course.
8. Execution of the Course
- The Course shall be performed in accordance with the description on the Product Page and a brochure if the Customer receives one from Gantus.
- If there is any discrepancy between the Terms and Conditions and the Product Page and/or a brochure, the provisions of the Product Page and/or a brochure shall prevail.
- Gantus collects and needs to know certain information to be able to deliver the Courses efficiently. The Customer must assist in providing this information in due time before, during and after the course. The information may be but it is not limited to contact information, background experience, expectations on the course and food allergies when applicable.
- Gantus shall hold no responsibility for any damage caused by providing false, outdated or incomplete data by the Customer.
- If the Customer needs information from Gantus in order to evaluate Gantus as a supplier, relevant information shall be provided by Gantus. This may include presenter CV of the presenter.
10. Intellectual property rights
- Intellectual property rights to the Course material given or granted by Gantus to the Customer before, during and after the Course belong to Gantus exclusively and are legally protected, i.e. copyrights, database rights, trademarks shall be vested in Gantus.
- The Customer shall abide by intellectual property rights regulations. The Customer has no right to use, copy, reproduce, grant access and/or distribute the Course material in any other way without the prior consent of Gantus. The Customer shall use the Course material in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
- Gantus hereby grants to Customer a non-exclusive, worldwide right under its Intellectual property rights to use, but not to copy, modify, further develop, sell or otherwise distribute the Course material. Templates that are provided by Gantus may be developed further by the Customer for the Customer’s internal use.
- The Customer has no right to record the Course proceedings in any form unless otherwise agreed before with Gantus.
11. Advertising and other Information
- By providing their e-mail address, the Customer hereby agrees to receive e-mails from Gantus related to its business activity. Should the Customer object to receiving such e-mails, they should unsubscribe using an unsubscribe link and Gantus shall cease to send such e-mails.
- The Parties acknowledge the proprietary nature of each other’s Confidential Information. Accordingly, the Receiving Party shall have following obligations regarding treatment of Confidential Information:
- the Receiving Party shall take all reasonable steps to maintain the confidentiality of the other Party’s Confidential Information;
- The Receiving Party shall not without the other Party’s prior written consent disclose, provide or make available any of other Party’s Confidential Information in any form to any person, except their employees whose access is necessary to enable that Party to accomplish its obligations and exercise its rights under the Contract.
- This section shall for five (5) years survive any termination or expiration of the Contract for whatever cause.
- Gantus has reasonable skill, knowledge and experience to provide the Course.
- The Customer hereby acknowledges that all information passed to them during the Course related with the topic of the Course is of advisory nature only and should they choose to follow advice and comments stated therein, it shall be done at their own risk. Gantus shall not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Customer that results from the fact they decided to act in accordance with the information provided by Gantus in connection with the performance of Contract.
- The Customer is responsible for their personal belongings and electronic devices brought to the place where the Course is conducted. Should the Customer leave them unattended, it shall be done at their own risk.
14. Force Majeure
- The date of the Course shall be postponed by a reasonable period of time if such a date is impeded by an unforeseeable event beyond Gantus’ control, which shall include but not be limited to acts of God, industrial actions, riots, wars, accidents, embargo or requisition (acts of government), hereinafter referred to as “Force Majeure”. Also to be considered “Force Majeure” is illness and unavailability of key personnel of Gantus for reasons that would grant an employee sick leave.
- In case of Force Majeure Gantus shall promptly notify the Customers thereof and set another date for the Course.
- If the Customer does not agree on the new date of the Course, they may cancel their participation with the right to a full refund within 3 days of the notification thereof. Should the Customer not cancel their participation within the given period of time, it shall be considered as accepted.
- Provisions of Section VII shall apply respectively.
- The Customers may file complaints regarding the improper provision of the Contract by Gantus. Such complaints shall be filed via the contact form or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every complaint shall contain at least the following data:
- Customer’s data (username, name and surname/name of the company, postal address, e-mail address);
- Date, place and subject of the Course;
- a description of a problem.
- Complaints which do not contain the above-described data will not be processed.
- Gantus shall process a complaint within 30 working days and send its response at the Customer’s e‑mail address. Gantus reserves the right to refuse to provide services not connected with the Contract concluded with the Customer.
- Gantus shall not be held responsible for the Website being unavailable due to force majeure or technical problems.
- Gantus reserves the right to have the Website unavailable from time to time because of technical service, maintenance or improving the functionality of the Website. Nevertheless, Gantus shall undertake every effort to have the above-mentioned works done as quickly as possible.
17. Personal data protection
- Personal data of the Customers being natural persons shall be processed by Gantus being a data-controller in order for Gantus to provide the Course as well as for the marketing purposes connected with Gantus’ business, including the Website, and Courses presented on the Website. The data shall be processed in accordance with the relevant provisions of data protection and providing online services, i.e. with the provisions of Swedish Act No. 1998:204 on Personal Records (Personuppgiftslag (1998:204)).It is the Customer’s voluntary and free decision to give their personal data.
- Access to the Customer’s personal data may be granted to entities authorized under legal provisions in force, including competent authorities. The Customer’s personal data may also be transferred to the required extent to third parties, including entities performing obligations on behalf of Gantus under the Contract concluded with the Customer, i.e. online payment operators.
- Gantus enables the Customer whose personal data is processed to execute their rights, including access to their personal data, its modification and control in accordance with relevant provisions of law.
- Confidential information concerning the Customers, including their personal data, is protected by Gantus against unauthorized third parties access and other cases of its disclosure or loss as well as its damage or unauthorized modification with proper technical and organizational solutions.
- Upon conclusion of the Contract, the Customer agrees to have their name and/or a business name disclosed on the Course material.
- On condition that Gantus has the Customer’s consent, Gantus may use contact data the Customer has provided it with (such as a name, a surname, a business name, a telephone or fax number, a private e-mail address and a postal address) to keep the Customer up-to-date (via traditional post, telephone or e-mail) about important new goods and services which in Gantus’ opinion may be interesting for the Customer. When the Customer signs up to the Website or concludes a contract with Gantus in a different way and give it their personal data, including e-mail, the Customer may also give their consent to receive information online or process their personal data for marketing purposes.
- On the Website there are several kinds of personal data required from the Customer to be collected, processed and stored. Some of the data may be stored with their web browser as a cookie on their computer. The Customer’s personal data is protected by Gantus to the extent required by legal provisions in force.
- Gantus may transfer personal data to third parties in connection with the performance of the Service. Personal data the Customers provide Gantus with is used for accounting purposes, processing of orders and/or complaints. Contact data is also used by Gantus to send the Users information concerning the Website and Services as well as conducting customer satisfaction surveys and market surveys if the Customer has given Gantus their consent to receive commercial or marketing messages and/or process their personal data for marketing purposes.
19. Cookies policy
- The Website does not store any information automatically except for information stored as a cookie.
- Cookies are computer data, especially text files placed on the Customer’s device to use the Website. Cookies usually contain the name of the website, the amount of time they are stored on a device and a unique number.
- Cookies are mainly used:
- to adapt the content of the Website to the Customer’s interests and provide better service while visiting the Website; especially, these files make it possible to recognize the Customer’s device and then to show the Website customized to their individual needs;
- for remarketing purposes;
- to do statistics enabling Gantus to understand how the Customers use the Website.
- A lot of web browsers automatically allow cookies to be stored on the Customer’s device.
20. Possibility to customize the way cookies are stored and gain access
- The Customer may individually change the settings concerning cookies at any time, specifying the way they are stored and gain access to the Customer’s device. The Customer may does so using the settings available at their web browser. These settings may be changed especially to block cookies automatically or to provide the Customer with notice when a cookie is sent. More specific information is available in web browsers’ settings.
- The Customer may remove cookies at any time using the functions available at their web browser.
- Any limitation towards cookies may influence functionalities available on the Website.
21. Final Provisions
- The Terms and Conditions are continuously available on the following website: gantus.com and Customers are entitled to make copies, save and/or print the content hereof.
- The Terms and Conditions shall enter into force on the day they are published on the Website. The Customers shall accept the Terms and Conditions before placing any Order.
- The construction and performance of the Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Sweden. All disputes, differences and/or questions arising out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions and/or the Services provided by Gantus shall be settled by Swedish courts of proper jurisdiction.